Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Green With Envy

One of my good friends from college recently moved to Germany for a year for her job. In an email to her today, I was telling her how I was trying to figure out plans for a trip somewhere in the next few months. Her reply to me included this:

"Our next 3 week line up is Switzerland this weekend, Budapest next weekend, Greece the weekend after (For Easter!) Should be fun and busy!

Planning on taking a week off in May as [her husband] has to use up his remaining vacation days and going to Italy (Venice and Florence) and then a couple days in the UK"

This, of course, comes one day after I was viewing her newest Facebook photo album that includes pictures of her in Paris, Zurich, Greece, and several places in the U.S. How lucky is this girl?!

I will always be indebted to her for giving me the opportunity to take my first international vacation, when I went with her to Greece in the summer of 2008. Maybe I can be indebted to her even more if I add Germany to my list...after all, she did end her email with this:

"Well, you are most certainly welcome to come visit here!! Or Greece!!!!!"

3 comments:

  1. That'd be the life!
    Nothing better than traveling to foriegn (as in 'unknown' not 'internationally different') lands, eating exciting foods, drinking new drinks, hearing new sounds, learning new cultures.
    Sounds like a great opportunity! cheap accomidations and a great guide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, i'm jealous as well. that would be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tax refund here I come!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete