Monday, May 21, 2012

Stair Climber

Over the past 2 weeks at work, I've been making a conscious effort to take the stairs up to my training room on the 6th floor as much as possible. That equates to 104 stairs each trip, if I'm counting/remembering correctly. (This doesn't include the stairs up to the 6th floor of the parking ramp) Now, I'm not trying to make it seem as though I'm in amazing shape, but you'd think by running anywhere from 5-9 miles about 3 times a week would help make the climb a little easier but you'd be wrong! For me, at least, I am still out of breath and my legs still burn by the time I hit that 104th step.

Now I'm sure if I climbed stairs for longer than the 2 minutes it probably takes me to climb each time or more often than the 2-3 times per day that I do climb, I'd benefit more from an endurance/health standpoint, but hey, I figure it's better than just letting the elevator do the work every time!

3 comments:

  1. nice work out of you! it doesn't matter how 'in shape' i am from running, stairs always get me. different type of endurance for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After thought - after running up the main stairwell this afternoon after a quick run to the mailbox with Stacy, I couldn't help but feel like Rocky (or what I imagined as I've never seen the Rocky movies) and could've sworn they were playing "Eye of the Tiger" over the speakers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can speak from experience, after 7 months they didn't get any easier for me...

    ReplyDelete