Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sewing Lesson

A couple weeks ago I went home for the weekend to get my first sewing lesson. I thought pillows would make for a good first project. I met my mom at Hancock in Davenport and picked out some fabric - a floral pattern, and then green and brown to accent the floral. Saturday morning we got to work - measuring and cutting out the pieces and after a quick lesson on how to run the machine, I got to work. I finished 7 pillows in less than 2 days! I'm really happy with how they turned out. 


 

Not only was this a fun project that I really enjoyed working on, but we were resourceful as well. I reused some old pillows that I found upstairs at the house, saving us about $30, and the green and brown fabric were off of the remnants table at a discounted price.

I've already decided on my next project - a t-shirt quilt. I have a lot of old high school t-shirts that I just can't bring myself to get rid of because of the sentimental value they hold so I thought a t-shirt quilt would be a great way to preserve the memories, but still be able to clear some space in my closet. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. was a fun project for me and a delight that you are interested in my passion!!! looking forward to the next project-great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very impressive, can you make some for me next? please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we will pay you in either cash $$ or homemade tater tot casserole. :-)

    ReplyDelete