Saturday, May 30, 2009

Food for Thought

I am a big chips 'n salsa girl. Love the stuff! I usually buy it out of a jar but after flipping through my newest Taste of Home magazine and seeing a salsa recipe, I was inspired to make a homemade batch of my own. I'm all for sharing recipes and this one is so easy and delicious so here it is!

Presto Black Bean & Corn Salsa:

1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
5 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp. lime juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 jar (16 oz) salsa

In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, peppers, chilies, onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, sugar, salt, and cumin. Stir in salsa until blended. Serve with chips

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment