Monday, September 21, 2009

Auto Zone

Cars really aren't my thing. Sure, I can appreciate a sweet ride, but I'm not one of those people who can point to a random car and rattle of the year, model, engine size, etc.

One thing I've never understood is the 'souped up' ride - anything from spoilers to decals and detailing - especially when you know the person spent more on that than the car itself.

Here are some examples:

1. Spoiler Alert: I've never been into spoilers - not just any spoiler but those obnoxious ones such as these








2. Sweet Decals: I'm not big on the wavy designs or the lightning bolts or flames. And I'm really not into the personalized decals.







3. Dubs and Dumber: And I'm just really not into this...





Now what inspired this blog topic this evening? On my way home from work, I saw a souped up old school VW Bug. Unfortunately I was not camera ready so I can't show you what I saw and Google Images wasn't much help. However, I did come across the closest thing that resembled what I saw driving beside me tonight. It wasn't this extreme, but close, with a giant engine protruding out the back of the car.

3 comments:

  1. what if the decal said Juarez? deal breaker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the decal had gold lettering on a gold ford escort, then absolutely not. That is a deal maker

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about the awful Calvin and Hobbes guy pissing on a [insert least favorite auto mfg. here] symbol stickers? Or the bumpernuts? Or "Baby on board" signs?

    ReplyDelete