Monday, July 4, 2011

Faux Hawk

Ever since seeing this hair tutorial a few months ago, I've been wanting to try it out. I decided 80/35 was the perfect venue to rock such a look.

It only took about 15-20 minutes to do, 5 big hair ties, 5 small hair ties, about 10 bobby pins, and some hair spray. First, I divided my hair into 5 sections, using the bigger hair ties, then used the 5 small ones to form each section into something resembling a bun. Finally, I used the bobby pins to help fill in any holes.

And the final product looked like this:

Backview:


Sideview:


Overall I was happy with how it turned out. I received a lot of compliments and felt more like a rockstar than I probably would have otherwise :) The only thing I think I would do differently next time is pull my bangs back. I, personally, think I look silly without bangs, which is why I didn't do it, but I think it would've pulled the whole look together better, because, as you can see below, from the front, it looked like I was just rocking a high bun.



But it was a fun experiment, definitely something different, and I'm always up for mixing things up. Would I do this again? Si!

2 comments:

  1. loved it, very nice.
    i agreed with taking it all the way to the front.
    what a fun 'do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good nic. glad you decided to rock the look. and thanks for posting my basic pony.

    ReplyDelete