*Thursday afternoon*
Dick: Married yet?
Jane: Nope.
Dick: Getting closer?
Jane: Nope
Dick: You know, Jane, you aren't getting any younger.
Jane: I know.
Dick: Your clock is ticking.
Jane: Thanks.
Dick: Have your parents had that talk with you yet?
Jane: Nope.
Dick: I'm just kidding. You're what, 26? You have plenty of time. My wife didn't start having kids until she was 30.
Jane: Great.
Appropriate work conversation with a co-worker? Signs point to no. Any suggestions on how Jane should have responded?
Dick: Married yet?
Jane: Nope.
Dick: Getting closer?
Jane: Nope
Dick: You know, Jane, you aren't getting any younger.
Jane: I know.
Dick: Your clock is ticking.
Jane: Thanks.
Dick: Have your parents had that talk with you yet?
Jane: Nope.
Dick: I'm just kidding. You're what, 26? You have plenty of time. My wife didn't start having kids until she was 30.
Jane: Great.
Appropriate work conversation with a co-worker? Signs point to no. Any suggestions on how Jane should have responded?
for the record - I am not "Dick." For once.
ReplyDeleteunacceptable.
ReplyDelete