Monday, December 5, 2011

DIY Friday

In sticking with my Goals post, I tried out my first crafty project Friday evening, thanks to an idea I found via Pinterest - penguin light bulbs! I thought they would make cute ornaments so I bought gold string to attach to the light bulbs (which still has to be done).



It was a good starting point to try and bring out the crafty side in me. The thing I learned from this project - don't rush it. I was too impatient and didn't let the paint try well enough on a couple of them, leaving some rough spots, but overall I was happy with how they turned out.

4 comments:

  1. super cute. way to knock out one of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! that's awesome. love penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable-aren't we crafty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PENGUINS!!!
    you know i'm a fan.
    nice work gettin' crafty.

    ReplyDelete