Friday, December 9, 2011

That's One Small Step For Mankind, One Giant Leap For Me

"Back to school, back to school, to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool. I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight."

After many tears, frustration, self-reflection, research, conversations, and a LOT of thinking, I finally made the decision to enroll in the Human Resource Management program at DMACC. I applied last week, got my "acceptance" email Tuesday, and attended orientation/registration on Wednesday. I'm excited to take this next step in continuing my education and to start what I hope is a stepping stone to a successful career path.

"Ohhh, back to school, back to school, back to school. Well, here goes nothin' "

4 comments:

  1. Yaaayyyyy! Wahoo! (Cheerleading jump) and I'll toast that with a Cherry Pucker/Diet Coke! (but don't let me cal my dad after I drink too many...that was a one-time thing) Let's do something college-y to celebrate.. P-hut buffet? KFC? Cedar Falls? Room-cleaning session??? You name it, we'll do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to a great start to 2012-way to go! Your Mother didn't raise no fool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats nic, very exciting times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done! you can't go wrong with more education esp. when there is reimbursement.
    best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete