Example #1: My co-workers do an excellent job of reminding me that I can't have candy. They've built a "candy wall" on one side of my cubicle, fish around Steve's candy bowl in front of me, and make sure I am aware of when they are eating it. It's all in good fun but the temptation is definitely present!
Example #2: I promised B-Bob a bag 'o candy, in honor of his birthday. Friday I slowly walked into the candy store at the mall and began to shovel in pounds of gummies - lobsters, techno bears, cherries - the works. It was torture.
Example #3: I received my order of Girl Scout cookies last week, but won't be able to indulge in a few (and by few I mean box) of Shortbreads until Easter. Ugh!
Example #4: Last year, L, D, and I discovered the gloriousness that is Nerds bumpy jelly beans. They are pretty much amazing and D surprised L and I last night with a bag of them for each of us. They keep staring me in the face.
So how I am overcoming such temptations? With these guys:

These might just be the death of me. They are so addicting. I've been known to get through a whole can in one day. I hardly can get through a trip to the grocery store without meandering over to the chip aisle and picking up a can...or two. Pringles had it right - once you pop, you can't stop.
i was stared down at the gas station this morning by a bag of Swedish Fish. it was excrutiating.
ReplyDeleteAnd i hear ya on the GS cookies. I got 2 boxes delivered to me at school and they now sit in the pantry in a plastic bag...out of sight, out of mind.
good luck!!!
Good luck with the no candy. I have been told eating dill pickles or something opposite in flavor as sweets will also help curb a sweet tooth. So salt and vinegar is perfect. I have been eating alot of salt and vinegar chips lately as well. So yummy.
ReplyDeleteI got a giant bag of Cheetos (puffs) last night for a movie and they're already almost gone.
ReplyDelete