Monday, March 29, 2010

Run This Town

I'm well on my way to completing my goal of 10 races in 2010. This weekend I got two more under my belt, the Rebuild Haiti 5K on Saturday and the Friendly Sons of St Patrick 10K yesterday. 4 down, 6 more to go!

Saturday's run was tougher than I expected. The cold, cloudy, and windy morning made it a bit difficult. Add in the fact that I felt like I had a 50 LB weight attached to my right leg, and it made for a challenging 3.1 miles.

Yesterday's 10K went much better. The better weather and good company I had (I made JW stick by me since I gave my Ipod to Les after she gave hers a bath in the washing machine) made for a much easier race, even though it was twice as long. I will say, after running the Shamrock Shuffle, it's going to take a pretty spectacular race to top that, but it was still fun. Kyle, Sarah, Rod, and Naomi also participated - Naomi's first big run since 7th grade! Way to go Naomi!


Here's a post-race pic - Team Hot Sundae at it again.


2 comments: