Friday, June 4, 2010

Bring It Dam to Dam

T-16 hours until Dam to Dam. JW, L, Naomi, and I are ready ready ready ready to ruuunnnn. (Dixie Chicks style) Naomi is doing the 5K and JW, L, and I are taking on the 20K. This marks my longest run since April of 2006 when I did the Earth Day Half Marathon in St Cloud Minnesota. Am I nervous? Not yet but I'm sure I'll have a few pre-run jitters in the morning. Am I excited? Yes - except for the whole getting up at 4:30 in the morning thing. Am I ready? I think so. JW and I ran about 11 miles last Friday and we made it through the hot, humid conditions without H20 and hardly a bat of an eye...except for my hallucinations of seeing water bottles everywhere. We "carbed" up last night and I'm trying to stay hydrated today. The weather is not looking extremely promising, but if I can get through a day of shopping on Michigan Ave in wet/snowy/sleety/rainy/windy conditions, I can get through this!



Bring it Dam to Dam! Team Hot Sundae is ready to kick some serious ass.

2 comments:

  1. I'm such a loser for not signing up. Next year...yes please. Ya'll will do great tomorrow!
    -Rod

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job out there partner.
    job well done.

    ReplyDelete