Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Newest Buy

Patience is a virtue, so the saying goes. I have practiced both patience and self control over one particular item for the past 6 months or so.

I saw a Northface vest at Scheels several months ago and fell in love. But, like all the fantastic clothing Northface has to offer, this too, despite the clearance sticker, had a hefty price tag. So, I put it down and walked away. Every time I've been at Scheels since, I've paid this vest a "visit", would show it off to whomever I was shopping with, and even tried it on a few times. But I never acted upon my burning desire for this vest...

...that is until 2 weeks ago. While walking through the mall with my parents, I showed off this puffy marshmallow-y delight to my mom. While trying it on, I was telling her how long I've been wanting this and it seems like the fashion gods are telling me I should own this because in the 6 months I've been eyeing it, it hasn't disappeared off the rack. She loved it and thought I should buy it. A little out of character for me, I began to list off the reasons why I should NOT buy it - I just moved and have all these moving expenses, I need new tires before winter, I want to get a new computer soon, etc etc, and so, heavy-heartedly, I took off the vest, hung it back on the rack and walked away. As we were walking to a different store, I 90% jokingly said to her, "I mean, if you wanted to help me pay for the vest, I'd be totally okay with that." And my saint of a mother looked at me and said, "okay". "Really?!" I excitedly exclaimed. "Yes, I'm feeling generous today," she said.

And so here you have it, my first Northface purchase: (although I don't think the picture does it justice)



I am by no means ready for colder weather, but this will definitely make it a little easier to step outside on that first cool day.

Thanks again Mom - you're the best!

4 comments:

  1. Mom to the rescue! I guess you are worth it, HA! My pleasure, have to keep all my girls happy. Love You, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. its fantastic. and you showed commendable restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT?!?! I didn't realize you ended up with this! It looked great on you, so I am happy you ended up with it. Gotta love moms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks pretty stylish! Are you just gonna wear it all day at work instead of your blankets? :)

    ReplyDelete