Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Celebrate Good Times, Come On

26 came and went and now it's time to attack year 27. I've been welcoming it with open arms, and in what I lovingly call "Birthday Month", (yup, it's an almost month long affair) here's a lowdown on all the celebratin':

July 31st-Aug 1st: I met my family at the Little Amanas and shared the celebration with Regan, who just turned 2. We ate some good food, did a little outlet shopping, and played at the indoor waterpark.

Aug 8th-9th: I attended the Black Keys concert with L, JW, and LW. Amazing concert and great company. I talked them all into a post concert drink to welcome in my birthday hour, despite it being a Sunday night and our sweaty appearances. Amazingly, I recovered quite well from all the celebratory drinks and met my mom in Iowa City yesterday to do some shopping. It was a fun day and we both walked away with a few purchases. Here are a few of mine:





And I hopped on the Jegging train. I tried on a pair just for fun and decided I liked them enough to buy them.



Aug 14th: Les & Nic's 2nd Annual Birthday Booze Cruise 2010!! Can't wait!

Aug 20th: Les & Nic's 2nd Annual Dress In Your Best B-day Dinner

My birthday wouldn't be nearly as exciting if it weren't for my family and friends making it so special for me - thank you for all the celebrations and well wishes!!

5 comments:

  1. I think that because there are 2 of us the month long celebration is completely warranted. Right? Right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can certainly celebrate a birthday! What a fun time and sounds like much more to come. Had a fun day Mon. We should do more of it! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love birthday months! so excited to celebrate. bring on 27!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) celebrate away!
    2) L...why the crap are you posting at 4:46 in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 pairs of shoes in one trip!! wow, that is shopping!

    ReplyDelete