I am a huge fan of soda, and it isn't an uncommon practice for me to drink more than 1 a day. I used to be so good about being mindful of my intake and sticking to a 1 soda per day rule, but over the past few months, I've fallen off the wagon, as the saying goes. It's just so tempting when I get into the office everyday to crack open a soda to get a caffeine fix, especially on those mornings when I feel extra sleepy. And I always seem to find one in my lunch bag, and sometimes when I'm eating dinner, a soda just sounds better than anything else.
However, after some careful thought, I decided it was time to reestablish the one soda a day rule to my diet. For the sake of my teeth (and dentist bill) and my overall health, I know this is a good rule to adhere to. The less I'm dependent upon caffeine, the less sugar and unnatural substances in my body, the better. Making an effort to drink more milk, which I strongly dislike (chocolate milk being the exception) juice, and water will surely have a positive impact. Also, as I begin a more serious running regime to prepare for the half marathon, it is vital I stay hydrated. I've felt like over the past few runs that I can perform better than what I've been doing and I think part of that is my lack of staying well hydrated.
The 1 soda a day campaign started last Monday and I'm happy to report that it's been going better than I anticipated. I was afraid I'd have to suffer through a few nasty caffeine headaches, but I've managed to escape those. I have switched to drinking juice or water in the morning and I've been drinking my 1 soda at lunch, which works out well. I also have tried to have a bottle of water at my desk at work throughout the day, with the idea being, if it's in front of me, I'll drink it.
Here's to hoping for another successful week!
March Madness 2018
8 years ago
I friggen LOVE milk. How can people not like milk?!
ReplyDeleteMILK IS BEAST.
ReplyDeleteas caboose knows i can drain a glass of it with the best of 'em.
good luck with your caffiene cutbacks. it is a smart plan. drinking enough water is key to so many health areas. i'm sure it's not easy, but stick with it!
i agree on milk being delicious and it's good for the bones. we don't want you being a sally field some day!
ReplyDeleteif you're trying to drink more water...make sure you have a straw...S does that and she drinks water like a sponge.
I concur Milk is BEAST! But kudos to you are more important. As I am currently way off of the caffeine-free bandwagon I know it's a hard habit to kick!
ReplyDelete