Saturday, October 23, 2010

7 Miler

I had a great run today with JW. We ran 7 miles, which is the longest I think I've ran since Dam to Dam (yikes) and I felt great overall. I've been battling a leg injury for about 6 months now and after receiving some treatment (finally), I'm hoping the worst of the problem is behind me. I was a little nervous less than a mile into the run when I felt my leg starting to act up, but I ran through it and by mile 3, I was back to feeling great. It was a great morning for a run - a little windy, but overall the friendly 60 degree temps, the sun trying to peek out through the clouds, the beautiful fall scenery, and of course the great company made the run less work and more fun. It is so encouraging to run without fighting any pain. I'm not convinced I'm 100% cured, but I can only hope I have more successful runs to come.

1 comment:

  1. Def glad you were able to run through it. Hope the leg keeps getting better.

    What a fantastic run. So pretty running through Water Works, Ashworth Park and SOG. May have to do it again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete