Thursday, October 28, 2010

Reminder

Two significant reminders for the day:

1. The power of a compliment - I received several compliments today from my tights to my nail color. It's funny how such a small comment as, "I really like the color of your nails" from a total stranger can not only make you smile but help make your day a better one. I've been trying to make more of an effort to give out compliments - to those I know and the unfamiliar because I know how good it makes me feel and I want to be able to pass that along to someone else and pay it forward.

2. I am not alone - As I was talking to a friend I ran into at the coffee shop this afternoon, I realized I am not alone in how I feel about certain things in life. It's nice to know others share some of the same feelings I do and makes that unknown a little less scary.

2 comments:

  1. 3. it's J&N's anniversary. you didn't remind me but i still remembered :)

    The power of a compliment is huge, one of my favorite parts of my job in fact. You never know when the one nice thing you say might be the one thing that holds together someone's day!

    -----

    In other news I see you are lovin' on some Lykke Li over there, that tune is FAB!!! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally agree on both counts.

    #1 reminds me of one of my favorite quotes -
    "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."

    And #2 reminds me of TWLOHA.

    ReplyDelete