Thursday, September 29, 2011

Darker = $$

It's no secret I spend a lot to get my hair done....probably way more than I should. Although spending that much on my hair is tough to swallow, I've continued this somewhat lavish habit for years. After signing off on another expensive trip to the salon this past week, my pangs of guilt somewhat subsided when I thought about how much less I'm spending now than I used to on my hair.

When I was still dying my hair blond, I would have to go about every six weeks. (the alternative was having my dark roots showing - a lot. ugh, bad look.) So, I swiped my card between 8 or 9 times a year, at a pretty penny at that.

In comparison, Wednesday marked my third time THIS year of going to the salon. (and most likely my last time dying my hair for the year)

Now, at the risk of being harshly judged, I'll let you in on what I roughly calculated my savings to be on hair care from my blond days to now:

$750

Holy s#%t.

It definitely pays to be a brunette.

2 comments:

  1. that is the SAVINGS?!?!
    woah.
    i'm scared to imagine what the cost must be then.

    ReplyDelete