After getting a tip from L that Scheels was having a killer sale on sports bras and shorts, I hopped in the car and drove to JC. I picked out a few things and headed towards the checkout. As the cashier, Ashley, was ringing up my goods, she looked at the price of one and said, "wow, what a good buy." I replied, "Yeah, my friend texted me to tell me about this sale, so here I am." Ashley then said, "What a good friend - good friends are hard to find." My first reaction was to laugh. She then insistently said, "well, they are." Two things came to mind at this point: 1. Ashley must not have many friends and 2. Ashley is right. I'm lucky to have such a stellar group of friends. I guess I take for granted the little things my friends do, such as text me to tell me about a sale - lesson learned.
While driving home, I thought more about what she said. Two more things came to mind. A. I should've hugged Ash (using the nickname felt right) and told her my friends and I would adopt her, and B. I really am truly blessed to have Grade A friends. I know I have blogged many times about how important my friends are to me and how "kick ass" they are (see previous posting), but this incident was yet another reminder of this. I may not have a ton of friends, but I'm okay with that. I'd rather have quality over quantity any day of the week when it comes to friends.
March Madness 2018
8 years ago
AMEN.
ReplyDeletei read somewhere that if, at your funeral, you have a handful (i.e. you can count on one hand) of TRUE friends, then you were a lucky person.
and, the older I get, the more i agree with that.
Amen, sister friend!
ReplyDelete