Monday, April 12, 2010

Pomplamoose

My co-worker Mike told me about the group Pomplamoose this morning. He had heard their interview on NPR and was telling me he almost likes their version of Single Ladies more than Beyonce's. That's quite a statement so, of course, I had to check them out. They are pretty fantastic. I love their "do it yourself attitude." Jack and Nataly have such a hip sound and style and I dig Nataly's voice - it's like Regina Spektor meets Adele. I loved what she said at the end of the article, "People think that all of these things have to be done by geniuses behind huge desks or at the top of skyscrapers, but you can just go online and do it yourself." What a positive and hopeful message. I highly recommend checking out more of their stuff on YouTube (if you haven't already) - Beat It, If You Think You Need Some Lovin, September - it's all so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment