Today the people from TOMS have asked that people try going without shoes for the day or just part of the day to bring attention to all those who have to go without shoes day in and day out.
This is something I know I definitely take for granted. When getting ready to go somewhere, I don't even think about the fact that I should count my blessings that I have shoes to wear. My attention is strictly focused not on A pair of shoes, but which pair - with the deciding factors being type, style, color, etc. How sad that something I find so common, like shoes, can be thought of as a luxury to somebody else.
I posted about TOMS before, and I'm happy to do so again. I love what this organization is doing and love love LOVE my TOMS, so definitely check out their website and consider buying a pair. A cute/unique pair of shoes for you, and a pair for a child in need!
March Madness 2018
8 years ago
the first student i saw when i got to school this morning, before i even got in the door, was barefoot. the funny part is i didn't think anything of it.
ReplyDeletethere were a handful of globally-minded, humanitarian students expressing their support during the day...so tip of the hat to them.