While getting a few groceries after work today, I overheard a conversation between a customer and a manager that made me smile. A girl had gone out of her way to approach the manager and told him that one of his employees really impressed her when she was there last Saturday. She told him that she witnessed an employee, who was out in the parking lot gathering up carts, stop what he was doing to chase after a runaway cart that was about to hit a parked car. Before walking away she said to him, "It seems pretty simple, but I was very impressed by that and thought he did a good job and I wanted you to know."
I like that. It made me realize that I need to do a better job of reporting good customer service experiences I have. It takes very little effort and time and is only encouraging continued positive customer service experiences. And, having worked retail, I know how much it can mean to an associate when your manager reports this positive feedback to you.
March Madness 2018
8 years ago
mmmmm feedback. Would you say that you VALUE it, nic?
ReplyDeleteagreed! it takes only a minute but the effects of it are long-lasting. a positive comment to a parent about their child or a email to your cell company about the exemplary service you received from an employee (which i finally wrote & sent today after putting it off for a month), those things are quickly forgotten by the giver, but the receiver won't forget it.
ReplyDelete