"This is so much more thoughtful than Facebook. I tend to read my wife's friends posts (her laptop is in the kitchen ((I'm always eating)), and they are mind numbing. The subjects usually fall into these categories:
- This quote from my child shows how smart they are. "On the way to preschool Grant just asked 'if the government can spend so much money on the war in Afghanistan, why can't they help the thousands of refugees being slaughtered by puppet regimes in the northern coastal countries of Africa?'"
- This quote from my child shows how much they love their [insert family member here]. As I drove Dakota from soccer to dance (hip-hop, ballet, tap and cheerleading) she said "Mommy I want to look as beautiful as you when I'm a Mommy."
- A shout out to someone that they just visited, ie: just had a great time with the Smith's at the Open Sore and Puss exhibit at the Science Center
- A shout out to their spouse on how much they love them (sure sign of marital problems)
- An update on what they are eating (for the 10th day in a row)"
completely true.
ReplyDeletei appreciate his insight. status updates like this make me hate facebook...or the people posting them at least.