Monday, December 6, 2010

Faithful Reminder

A couple of weeks ago I was watching a news program that featured a girl who had been in a terrible car accident. She had to fight for her life, and in the end, she won and lived to talk about it. One thing that was highlighted in this story was the amount of faith she had in God and how important her faith was to her.

She has a Bible verse - Matthew 25:23 written on several pieces of paper that are displayed throughout various areas of her room. "Well done, good and faithful servant." When asked why she has this up she said that when her judgment day comes, she hopes she'll meet God and he will say that very phrase to her.

I was moved by this and thought it was a great idea, so I decided to make a sign (a simplistic sign at that) of my own and tape it to my bathroom mirror. Why there? It's one of the last things I look at before leaving to go somewhere, so hopefully it will serve as a reminder to me to be the kind, loving Christian that I am called to be each and every day.


1 comment:

  1. What an excellent quote! We need to all look at that and be reminded why we are here!

    ReplyDelete