Monday, December 13, 2010

Quotables

Kind of a random post, but I was thinking about this on the way home today. I frequently tend to catch myself thinking of song lyrics with whatever it is I'm working on while in the office. Examples:

*When I'm working on an umbrella policy I start singing, "under my umbrella, ella, ella, eh, eh, eh." Recently, though, thanks to Glee, it's followed by, "singin' in the rain"

*When I'm releasing a policy, I think of Timbaland, "...but first I got to release!"

*There are lots of options when it comes to working on an auto line: "...now I'm feelin' so fly like a G6" or "crusin' top on the 'cedes low" or even goin a little country when I see a truck-tractor - "she thinks my tractor's sexy".

I've noticed more and more that it doesn't stop at work with songs. It continues into my everyday conversations, usually with TV show or movie quotes - Friends, Sex & the City, Anchorman, and Mean Girls - just to name a few.

I'm not exactly sure why I do it - maybe it's because I believe it gives the illusion that I'm actually funny or because I fail to contribute any intelligence into any given conversation. But, regardless of the reason, it's a fun game - you should try it.

1 comment:

  1. i would think with Auto you could change up your song depending on the make/model of the vehicle.

    Chevy
    "rolling like a big shot, chevy tuned up like a nascar pit stop"
    "drove my chevy to the levy"
    "bank finally came thru and i'm holding the keys to a brand new chevrolet"
    Nissan
    "revving the engine on the Camry"
    Honda
    "whachyu think i rap for? to push a f#$%ing RAV4?"
    Cadillac
    ...and song about a drop-top Caddy or Escalade
    Lincoln
    "got 6 girls in my lincoln continental"
    Mercedes
    "oh lord, won'tchya buy me a mercedes benz"

    i think it'd be good to keep track and see how many songs/movies/TV's you reference in a day.

    ReplyDelete