Thursday, December 30, 2010

Last Chance 8K

I set a goal in 2009 of completing 10 races in 2010. I successfully ran 9 and thought that was going to be it. I had planned on running after work today, but was completely surprised when I found out that I would be completing my 10th "race", just in the nick of time, thanks to a couple of thoughtful friends.

It was a great run - I got to try out my new arm warmers I got as a gift, (which are fantastic!) it was a warm 57 degrees, a run through downtown that included 2 bridges, and even a water station! Despite the fact that I was hurting a bit, since my last run before this was almost 2 weeks ago, I still got 1st place! (and a blue ribbon) And a post race snack was waiting for me at the end - Gatorade and granola bar. AND a t-shirt!

Thank you Stacy for thinking of me and coming up with such a fun idea. And thank you JW for organizing the race and for all the surprises along the way.

Goal completed.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on 10 in '10!
    And 1st place!! Your best finish yet.

    ReplyDelete