I've always turned down the opportunity to parallel park, even if it means parking 2 blocks away from where I'm going. Why? I find it intimidating. I've had very little practice - I even managed to escape having to do it in Driver's Ed, due to my partner taking too long at doing it herself. Because of my lack of experience, I have very little confidence in the parallel parking area. I tried to escape the opportunity once again on Saturday, but it didn't work. After the run that morning, JW and I headed downtown to check out "No Room At the Inn", which was an exhibit featuring different nativity scenes. I informed him of my "rule" as we spotted a free spot that would require parallel parking, but he was not having it. Instead, he positively reassured me that I could do it. Thanks to his excellent coaching, I parallel parked the shit out of my car in 3 smooth steps. I was beaming with excitement and pride.
(it's the little things in life)
How dare you. I always ask you to do that with me! Hrumpf.
ReplyDeleteWe can all park together if it makes everyone happy.
ReplyDeleteNicole, good job shedding the phobia.