Saturday, March 19, 2011

Gaga

S, L, and I headed to Omaha Thursday to see Lady Gaga in concert. The concert was pretty fantastic. She put on a great show - great voice, provocative dancing, scandalous costumes - pretty much what you would expect from her. My favorite performance from the show was her encore performance of "Born This Way" and my favorite moment was when she talked about how it's okay to be who you are and not let others bully you or make you feel bad about who you are. It's a great message to be sending out.

I thought we girls would be on the tame side, outfit-wise, but I was surprised at how many jeans/tanks combos I saw. Don't get me wrong, there were some crazy/fun costumes - glitter dresses, leotards, one guy had blown up surgical rubber gloves and attached them all over his shirt and pants...Probably the best I saw was a girl who replicated Gaga's red lace outfit she wore at one of the award shows.

We kept it pretty simple with fun dresses and glammed up with our eye makeup, thanks to L who served as the makeup artist for the evening. We each got a pair of fun lashes to wear for the night - S wore some sassy purple ones, L donned a seductive pair that were long and curly on the outsides, and I wore black feather ones.

A couple pics, pre-show:





It was a fun evening and I was so happy to be sharing it with two of my favorite people.

1 comment:

  1. Completely agree, Born This Way, was my absolute fav and we looked good!

    ReplyDelete