Monday, August 15, 2011

BC '11

The 3rd annual Booze Cruise was this past Saturday and was once again successful. Although we were without 2 of our regular crew members (and missed them lots!), we still had a lot of fun.

I wasn't sure how the day was going to go when I got a phone call from Saylorville at 8 A.M. They called to tell me we couldn't boat because ours was broken. I panicked for about 30 seconds and then decided to call over to Big Creek to see if they had anything open and thankfully they did. Phew, crisis averted. Everyone met at the house, we packed up, and in true BC tradition, the boys rode in one car and the girls in the other, and we headed to Big Creek, with a pit stop at the Casey's in Polk City, another tradition of ours. Bobby played captain for the majority of the day and did a swell job. He looked like a professional as we sailed across the lake.

Some highlights include:
*Shot gunning a beer for the first time: My first attempt was a complete and utter failure. I was watching J-rod do it one way and Jake do it another...long story short, I got confused, most of it went all over Jake, and then I threw it overboard in a moment of frustration. My confidence was shaken but after a couple of hours and some positive encouragement, I decided it was time to try again, and that time was a true success.
*Jumping off the dock - We docked for a bit and all took turns doing jumps and flips.
*Les and I attempting to shove whole cupcakes in our mouths - a tradition we started on our maiden voyage. Stacy's cupcakes were a little too big so it took 2 delicious bites.

Booze Cruise is a day I look forward to every year. Such a fun way to spend the day - good food, good music, good friends = a great birthday celebration.

2 comments:

  1. such a fun day! great recap of the day nic. loved every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for birthday month!!! the cupcakes were indeed a little large this week, and you throwing that can overboard was the highlight of my day :)

    ReplyDelete