Shortly after I arrived, we took advantage of the sunshine and blue skies by walking around the arboretum. They had some beautiful flower displays and a fun kids area that Regan thoroughly enjoyed playing in. The front of the arboretum had about 15 flower beds, all donated by different groups of people (some organizations, some families) and although most were beautiful, there was one horrible looking one that, ironically enough, was from the "Green Thumbs of Black Hawk County":
After dropping the girls off so they could nap, Katie and I went out to lunch and then, in a moment of nostalgia, walked around UNI's campus. We had so much fun walking by all our old buildings we often visited and talking through some of our memorable moments. It was also move-in weekend, so there was a lot of hustle and bustle going on around us and it was fun to see the incoming students buying their textbooks and getting acclimated with their new surroundings. We ended our "tour" by walking through the book store, and although I saw a lot of cute UNI apparel, I walked away empty handed.
The rest of the evening we spent relaxing, ordering pizza from the OP, and I took in as much time as I could with the girls - playing with Regan in her tent, reading her a bedtime story, and making Rachel laugh a lot, albeit by making fart-like noises, but laughing nonetheless. Hey, you're never too young (or old) for a good fart joke, right? :)
It is also worth mentioning that I tried out the Shake Weight (yep, my sister has one) and it is just as humorous to do as it is to watch someone do.
Sunday morning we went to church and then had breakfast at the Panther Pride cafe. And then it was time for me to head back home.
You can check out pictures from the weekend here.
sounds like a great time. beautiful pics and a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteit is always such a nostalgic thing to be back on campus. sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteand look who has a new flickr account!!!