Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Checking In

The nice thing about publishing your goals/resolutions online is that you feel like you are held more accountable. I realize we're only 18 days into 2012 and only a couple months in since my "goals" post, but I'm excited about my progress so far and feel it's worth documenting. It may come off as bragging and that I'm giving myself a pat on the back, but that's only because I am basically bragging and literally, right now, am patting myself on the back.

1. Career-Related Goal: I started my class last week and I think I'm going to really enjoy it. The professor is able to bring in 20+ years of HR experience and seems to have a passion for the field. I love that I can relate my "real world" job experience with the topics we are talking about in class.

2. Reading/Less TV: I've already made a few trips to the library and can count on 1 hand the # of hours I've watched TV in the last few weeks.

3. Fitness: I joined back up at the Y and am so happy with my decision. I also met with a wellness coach and we are working on a great plan that I'm excited about to keep up with a well-rounded fitness routine.

4. Less Is More: I earned $42.40 by taking some clothing items to Plato's Closet and took the rest (8 bags in total) to Goodwill after cleaning out my closet and drawers. It felt great to get rid of a bunch of stuff that I haven't worn/used in several years. (Thanks Jake for the help) I also demonstrated self-restraint at Target the other day when I put an adorable mustard-colored handbag on clearance for $11 back on the shelf before checking out, reminding myself that I am not in need of another handbag.

5. Photos: I'll be honest, this is one thing I've slacked on. I'm planning on borrowing the idea of a photo project of sorts, and will start that next month.

2 comments:

  1. very impressive for only being a few days in! woot woot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's great to get started checking things off early.
    you had a MOUNTAIN of clothes to give away...good work.

    ReplyDelete