Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ornaments For My Feet

Yesterday I just about completed my mission of finishing up my Christmas shopping. And in true Nic fashion, I managed to find a few things for myself in the process...

My first mistake was entering Von Maur through the shoe department. I've had my eye on a pair of green Adidas sneakers since May, when I first spotted them at the Adidas store in Vegas. A few months later, they appeared at Von Maur. I would "visit" them often, but never tried them on or made the purchase. So as I glanced over at the table where these shoes usually are yesterday morning and did not see them, I got a little excited. Could it be? Did they finally get marked down?! I had to go check it out. And sure enough, as I entered into the brightly lit clearance room, there they were...and now they reside in my closet. Sometimes, it pays to be patient.


Oh, and did I mention that when I was walking back to the clearance room, there was a table full of boots that were also marked down? I've been without a pair of brown boots - a staple of footwear for the winter season - for over a year now. So I made the pit stop to see what was there. I found a pair of Steve Maddens that I've eyed a time or two and at a price of $66 (a great price for a pair of boots) I seized the opportunity.



The bad news is my bank account was not extremely happy with my purchases. The good news is that I got the majority of my Christmas shopping done and I'm looking forward to seeing the faces of my family as they open their gifts.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing better than new shoes.
    mmm, i love the smell of them.
    those green adidas are pretty great.
    nice job on waiting 'em out for the sale!

    [sidenote: sorry about the false post by homebase. i am on her computer and forgot to log her out before commenting.] :)

    ReplyDelete