I am a firm believer that it's the little things in life that can mean the most. Last night, while L and I were in the car, we were having a conversation about my grandpa, who recently passed away. L said to me that she was smiling that morning because she was thinking of a story I once told her about him.
L said, "I never met him, but I just know from the stories you've told, that he was a good man." A much needed and welcomed source of comfort had suddenly engulfed my entire being upon hearing those words. So simple, yet so meaningful. And it got me thinking...You're pretty much amazing if someone you've never met before can confidently say that you were "a good man" just based on stories that have been told about you. L is right. My grandpa was a good man - generous, hard working, and most of all, family oriented. And I feel so blessed and consider it a privilege that I got to be his granddaughter.
One of my favorite stories :) G-pa's are the best. <3 you
ReplyDeleteYou were truly blessed to call him Grandpa, he was so proud of his Granddaughters. He will truly be missed Jo
ReplyDelete