Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Real Housewives of Dallas County

L and I are a little under two weeks away from joining Naomi in being Dallas County residents. (wow, Dallas County - we are pretty far out there!) Westown's not going to know what hit 'em once we 3 ladies get together - very Housewives of Orange County:




...except L and I can't really be called housewives, more like housemaidens. And there's guaranteed to be less drama, unless tacos are involved.

I can't say I'm too sad about the move out of 187. I feel like I'm finally taking a stand and getting out of the bad relationship I've been in for two years. I will not miss putting up with the following:

*Paint colors - it's cute for about 2 minutes, but grows into an obnoxious headache by minute 3.
*The carpet - it has seen better days and should be put out of its misery.
*The backyard - From stepping stones to flooding - it is one hot mess back there. I feel like a frog hopping from one lily pad to another whenever I leave the house.
*Staircase - dividing the house in half and prohibiting open communication when hosting get togethers.
*Inefficiency - Shivering through the winter and sweating in the summer - we're ready for a more energy efficient place.

You would think I would be more sad about leaving "our first place" (aww) but I'm taking the best part of 187 with me - my best friend and our memories. We can still laugh so hard our stomachs hurt and tears are pouring down our faces. We can still banter back and forth, exchanging one sarcastic comment for another. We can still try to find the right key to sing in before performing a duet. And we can still sit at the top of the staircase for a good heart to heart chat in the late hours of the evening.

I feel like we're finally getting the breath of fresh air we've needed in our lives. It's like a new beginning. Hopefully this is just the start to bigger, brighter, and better things for us.

4 comments:

  1. 187: "You're leaving me?"

    Nic & Les: "Yes. Its not us, it you. You're just too... run down. You don't care about yourself anymore. We need to go our separate ways."

    187: "You're moving on to some bimbo out in Dallas County, aren't you?! I knew it! I could smell the suburb townhome on you!"

    Nic & Les: "Don't make a scene. Let's not make this any harder than it has to be."
    ----two weeks later----
    on the radio: "This long distance request and dedication comes from a townhome in West Des Moines. It reads:
    Dear Casey, will you please play Baby Come Back for my ex-tenants Nic and Les? Thanks. 187.
    187, here's your long distance request and dedication."
    Baby Come Back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's the start :) Can't wait for the crackling fire, hot cocoa & elf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "housemaidens" hiliarious.

    i'm not going to lie, that picture creeps me out for some reason.

    aside from that, congrats on a new place!! is it still a 515 number?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post/picture are hilarious. Welcome to the neighborhood! -S

    ReplyDelete