Monday, May 24, 2010

Why My Friends Rock

Two major things going on in my life in the last couple of weeks- dealing with my grandpa's passing and moving - have taken up a lot of my thoughts lately. But thanks to some amazing friends, my worries and stress have been put at ease....

1. After facing one of the toughest moments of my life thus far, I was quickly reminded of what thoughtful and supportive friends I have. L, Naomi, Rod, JW, and LW - I know I've told you all "thank you"several times, but my family and I truly appreciate your kind gesture. And I am reminded each time I walk in the door and see that beautiful bouquet of flowers of how lucky I am to have you all in my life.

2. Texts/emails/phone calls of support from both my Sarahs and others offered their condolences, thoughts, and prayers to me and my family.

3. As "2 Weeks of Mad Chaos" begins, I am comforted by the generosity of Naomi and Rod, who have graciously opened their home to L and I and are taking on the brave and difficult task of putting up with us for about 10 days. (There's no backing out now!)

4. Knowing my upper body strength is less than desirable for lifting/moving heavy items, JW, LW, and Rod have offered up their muscles to help L and I with the big/heavy stuff.

5. Although fuel efficient, sedans do not quite do the trick when it comes to moving. Mikey has not only offered "Count Truckula" but also offered me a place to stay, in case I think about setting up camp under the University bridge, in the event I get kicked out of Naomi and Rod's. :)

6. I've had a plethora of offers from a place to stay, to a place to store stuff, to help with moving from other friends, including KC, Derrick, Reenie, and Katie M.

So a shout-out to you all, dear friends, for rocking my world!

1 comment:

  1. 2 weeks of Mad Chaos - that sounds crazy! and I call NOT having to move your giant TV. I'm not sure that I could and even if I was able - I don't need that kind of responsibility and pressure.

    ReplyDelete