Sunday, November 27, 2011

Step Out of Your Comfort Zone

Saturday evening we did some more shopping, only this time it was all about my sister. Katie rarely gets the chance to shop for herself, so we took the opportunity when we got the chance that night.

Another thing about my sister is that she is pretty conservative when it comes to her clothes - she doesn't ever get too trendy and always leans toward the "safe" side. Saturday night I told her she was going to step out of her comfort zone and at least try some pieces she would steer clear of otherwise.

I tried to pick out some items I know she would never pick out for herself, knowing she would think, "I can't pull this off" or "this wouldn't look good on me", but not go so far out, that she would be too uncomfortable. She was a team player and tried on leggings w/ sweater dresses, skinny jeans (her "biggest fear"), and lots of tops w/ both color and patterns. I was proud of her for trying new things and happy that we made that trip all about her. She walked away with a great new pair of jeans ($28), and 4 shirts (for a total of about $75), 3 of which were completely different from anything she would've picked out/gotten for herself, and all of which she looked great in.

1 comment: