Sunday, November 20, 2011

Weekend Fun

Friday night Jake and I went to Wicked at the Civic Center, and although it was my 3rd time seeing the play, I enjoyed it just as much as the first. Our seats were the closest I've ever had, so it was fun to see the costumes and set in detail and Elphaba knocked "Defying Gravity" out of the park (the highlight of the play for me).

Before the show, we dined at Sbrocco, a place I've been wanting to try out for a while. We decided to pick 3 items off the social plates menu, and although I wasn't absolutely blown away, it was definitely enjoyable. We ended the night with a few martinis at the Lift and had fun making some "top ten" lists of places we want to travel to, both in the U.S. and internationally. (possibly a future blog topic).

Saturday I went to my friend Mike's wedding. I was so happy to be there and couldn't help but shed a few tears at the ceremony as I witnessed this great couple, who have been together for 17 years, come together in marriage. The reception was also a great time. It was nice to spend some time with my co-workers outside of the office.

Today I've had a laid back, but productive day - laundry, target run, grocery shopping, cooking (and by cooking I mean throw some ingredients into the crockpot), reading, and knitting were all on my to-do list and all have been checked off!

Excited for a short week at work and looking forward to a nice Thanksgiving weekend with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment