2 different sports, 2 different disappointments.
The first upset was last night. We celebrated the 4th of July in an unconventional way by attending our first Menace soccer game. It may seem like a funny way to spend the 4th of July, but it was fun to do something a little different, rather than the usual bbq-ing, boating, etc. (Not that those aren't fun ways to spend the 4th) We were seated in the VIP section, which made it even more exciting and entertaining. We were right there, it seemed, in the action of it all. And a bonus - we had a great view of all the cute players and their soccer legs. *sigh* Unfortunately, the Menace did not get the W and it was their first loss of the season. Although that was disappointing, spirits were lifted as we watched the fireworks display they had for us after the game. I was not expecting such a great display, and let me add, that the music selection was especially pleasing to the ear! (kudos to Bobby G) I definitely recommend attending a Menace game if you get the chance. The family-friendly atmosphere, cheap entertainment, and competitive play proves to be a fun night for all.
The second upset occurred this morning. I watched Roger Federer and Andy Roddick battle to the end for the Gentlemens Singles Championship at Wimbledon. After hearing that my favorite tennis player, Rafael Nadal, would not be participating at this year's Wimbledon, I focused my attention on my second favorite, Andy Roddick. I was thrilled to see that he had made it to the finals. I started watching the championship during the third set and sat on the edge of my seat until the end. It was a hard fought battle and a surprising one perhaps to some, being Federer has beaten Roddick in 18 of 20 matches. I was disappointed to see Federer win, but I cannot discount his impeccable performance; 50 aces and a record-breaking feat - earning 15 grand slam crowns, which beats the record Pete Sampras once held. Well done!
March Madness 2018
8 years ago
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThe menace game WAS a blasty-blast. Thanks to Bobby G for sure. And if you were behind that mix - kudos. I knew it was going to be killer from Neil's first chord....
ReplyDelete