Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Comic Relief

I've made the executive decision to take a break from Don Quixote and jump into Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea. This is a very rare thing for me to do - start another book before finishing another. I guess it's my mild OCD that drives me to finish one thing before starting another thing, not to mention how I can't stop in the middle of a chapter but must read until the end. But I decided yesterday that a timeout is needed. My reasons for breaking my own 'rule' are threefold.

1. Labor-intensive. Have you read Don Quixote? This book is 1,050 pages worth (in about 8 pt font) of an epic tale. Although an interesting book, for me, it's not a compelling page turner by any means.

2. Motivation. I've lost my ambitious reading patterns I was portraying earlier this spring/summer. Why, I'm not sure, but I need to get back on track.

3. Comedy central. The last book I read, My Sister's Keeper, was a weeper and after just seeing the sobfest of a movie that it is, which left me a hot blubbering mess, I decided I could use a few laughs from the comedic genius that is Chelsea Handler. I absolutely loved, My Horizontal Life, and found myself 'lol-ing' through just about every chapter.

I have heard that this book will not disappoint and I hope it to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment