So one of my co-workers let me know that I so rudely interrupted him while he was watching this video when I called him to ask him a question. He told me I needed to check it out when I got home and so I did. This is a video of Filipino prison inmates dancing to, "I Need a Hero." Although the whole dance is enjoyable to watch, I really like how they get ready to break it down around 3:29 - the march-like running really gets you amped up for how they rock out to the drum solo.
I feel like this would be a great idea for a musical - young kid on the streets, gets sent to prison, starts to dance, starts an inmate dancing program where he choreographs the routines, they get ready for the big show, gets rehabilitated, gets discovered, and becomes the next 'it' choreographer. I smell a Tony Award winner right there.
There are lots of other dances they perform as well, all found on YouTube, including Sister Act's Hail Holy Queen, Jump, and my personal favorite, Thriller.
March Madness 2018
8 years ago
What exactly did they get sent to prison for? Dancing in the streets? Zac Efron better watch his back.
ReplyDelete