Sunday, July 26, 2009

We Are Family

I got in touch with my Mississippi roots this past weekend as I headed back to C-town for more family reunion fun!

I've decided, like most things, there are good things and bad things with family reunions. Here are my top 3 likes and dislikes:

Likes:
-Seeing and catching up with family I do not get to see very often
-Holding and playing with all the new babies
-Potluck food

Dislikes:
-The awkwardness that ensues when you don't recognize certain people (I have a huge family, okay, and that makes it especially hard to know distant relatives!)
-The dreaded, "So, you seeing anyone special?" question
-The shortage of cousins present

As with the family reunion I attended a few weeks ago, I was once again reminded of the importance of family and I'm thankful to have such a loving and devoted family.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to be there, I know it isn't your fav. But such good food!M

    ReplyDelete