There are several ways to interpret the term, guilty pleasure (GP). For me, its meaning is twofold. 1. It refers to those things that you should be embarrassed about liking and 2. those things that you know you probably shouldn't enjoy as much as you do. Below is a list of 6 of my guilty pleasures, in no particular order.
Things that I should be embarrassed about liking as much as I do:
*The Bachelor/Bachelorette - I admit that the concept of finding true love on a reality TV show is asinine, especially when there is nothing 'real' about the show. Well, except for all those all too common dates they go on...I mean, landing on a glacier to have a snowball fight and make snow angels - how cliche. I know I shouldn't waste my time, energy, and brain cells on such garbage, but what can I say, I find it to be very entertaining.
*Britney Spears - Why I know I shouldn't like her - because she is by no means a great singer and over the past few years, she's turned herself into one hot mess. But it goes back to the entertainment factor. There's no denying that she's a great entertainer. And that's why I was okay with spending money on a ticket to her concert. I am well aware that she'll be lip synching throughout the performance, but I'm looking forward to the dancing, the tricks, and special effects of her show.
*Celebrity Gossip - It's important to stay up on current events, right? Whether I get my fix through E! News or Us Weekly, I like to be in the know. Is J Simps still off Tony Romo's access list? Will Jen Aniston ever find love again? These are pressing issues we need to be made aware of!
Things I shouldn't love as much as I do:
*Ben and Jerry's Phish Food - Chocolate, carmel, marshmallows, and more chocolate - what's not to love? It's the epitome of comfort food.
*Peachie O's and Hershey's Chocolate Bliss - aka little bites of heaven. If the B&J won't push me over the edge into obesity, these candies will!
*Shoes - Heels, sneakers, flip flops - I do not discriminate. Some say I don't need as many pairs of shoes as I have. To this I respond with, "It's not a matter of need!"
So there you have it, my guilty pleasure confession. Looking back on the list, I'm okay with my GP's. Sure, it is a compilation of some mind-numbing, unhealthy, and silly things, but that's what GP's are all about.
March Madness 2018
8 years ago
PHISH FOOD!! Yes. The best ice cream ever. 2nd best? Magic Brownie (the Jerry Garcia tribute one).
ReplyDelete