Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sweet Home Chicago

I took a little weekend get-a-way trip to Chicago to visit my best friend Sarah this past weekend. It had been about 3 years since my last time there so I was excited to visit again. Another good roadtrip for the memory books...

Dinner and a Movie Friday: I arrived to the Naperville train station and rode the rails to downtown Friday evening. After arriving, we quickly changed and headed to P.J. Clarke's for dinner and drinks. Afterwards, we had every intention of walking around and hitting up a few hot spots until we walked outside and realized it was raining. So, instead we made the trek back to her place, drank some wine, and watched a movie. (It got pretty crazy as you can tell)

Exploration Saturday: We had every intention of relaxing on the beach Saturday but Mother Nature had other plans...the unseasonably cool temps put our beach plans in the garbage. But, it was still sunny and made for a perfect day of walking around. My feet were hating me and my flip flops by the end of Saturday, as we walked all over the place. I told Sarah that I wanted to stay away from shopping - but in true Nic fashion, we just happened to stop into Urban Outfitters...and American Apparel...and Northface...and Water Tower...and Adidas. I did purchase a couple things at Urban Outfitters and came very close to getting a pair of shoes I had my eyes on at the Adidas store but decided at the last minute to wait on that purchase. After our slight shopping detour, we stopped at Eduardo's Natural Pizza to refuel for our afternoon adventures. After eating a few slices of the spinach pizza, we headed back out and went to Millenium Park, Grant Park, and Wrigleyville.



In front of the Cloud Gate, aka, the Bean




My own version of Fear Factor - A massive amount
of birds at Grant Park. This picture does not quite depict
just how many there were. Needless to say, we didn't hang
out here too long!




Go Cubs Go!

Saturday evening we went to Big Bowl for some delicious Asian cuisine, then headed back to Sarah's to enjoy in some drinks and fireworks on her rooftop deck.

So Long Sunday: And today, after grabbing a coffee, I made the long journey back to the dsm. It was kind of a whirlwind weekend, but so glad I went!

A special thanks to Sarah for being an awesome hostess! Can't wait to return to the windy city!

2 comments: