Sunday, October 18, 2009

5k Completed

It was up and at 'em this morning - race day had arrived. It was my first race in probably close to a year and half! My excuse is I haven't had a running cohort to race with. Part of my enjoyment on race day comes from having a running partner(s) I can run with. Needless to say, I was so utterly excited when L finally agreed to run a 5k with me. Enter the 5k of the IMT Des Moines Marathon.

It was a pretty cold morning and based on the snapshots that were taken of me, waking up at 6:15 to run in cold weather doesn't bode well with me (you can check out a few photos from L's camera), but it was so fun to be out there running with all the other athletes of the day.

L and I stuck together throughout the whole 3.1 miles and we finished with a strong time of around 28:00. I was so proud of L - she improved lots from the 11 minute mile she started out running!

I've got race fever again and look forward to participating in more, including for the first time, the Dam to Dam. L, I'm holding you to your agreement of doing this one too! :)

2 comments:

  1. I kept looking for you but I forgot to see what route the 5k was going. Congrats on finishing strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the race! As always proud of you Jo

    ReplyDelete