While watching TV a few nights ago, I saw a vacuum commercial, featuring Etta James' At Last playing in the background. I kind of laughed as I looked over to L and said, "How do you think Etta James feels about this song being used for a vacuum commercial?" It kind of sucks the romance right out of the song. (pun intended)
If you think about it, lots of commercials use artists' songs to help capture their audiences. Sometimes I think it can work when there is a storyline involved, like the AT&T commercial featuring Landon Pigg's Falling In Love At a Coffee Shop.
Other times, I can't help but wonder if the artists are insulted that their work is being used to advertise such mindless things like the McRib or Overstock.com.
March Madness 2018
8 years ago
'At Last' should have been used for the Snuggie infomercials. I believe it's a good representation of the feelings I have for that fuzzy, warming, reversed robe.
ReplyDelete