Since my first cheesecake was a success, I thought instead of baking your run-of-the-mill angel food cake for my mom's birthday this past weekend, I would try another cheesecake recipe. I mean, if for no other reason than to put my new
spring form pan to good use...gotta get my money's worth! Plus, when my family heard I made a cheesecake a couple of weeks ago, a cheesecake they were not able to sample because they were hundreds of miles away, I could almost see the guilt oozing out of the telephone. :)
I decided turtle would be the flavor of choice. Minus cooking the caramel a little too long, resulting in a hard-to-cut-through-the-crust scenario, it was another success. I received rave reviews from the
fam.
What I love about trying out new things in the kitchen is you always learn something, find a better way to go about something, and/or you are led on a path of further experimentation.
ummm...yum!
ReplyDelete-Roderick