Sunday, November 8, 2009

Appropriate vs Inappropriate

While being entertained by some good people watching on Saturday at a few different establishments, I caught myself labeling some of the things I witnessed as "Appropriate" vs "Inappropriate". Here are a few I came up with:

*Walking in with a Hawkeye sundress, knee high ref socks, and boots: Appropriate. This particular girl tried a trendy risk, that I think was worth taking, especially on a 65 degree day in November.

*Making awkward noises that you usually only hear in the bedroom as a way to express your frustrations during the game: Inappropriate. Use your words.

*Getting the whole crowd involved by cheering "I-O-W-A": Appropriate. Nothing like a good cheer to get the crowd back in the game.

*Taking your belt off and mock-hanging yourself to show your disappointed feelings after the loss: Inappropriate. Extremely offensive and completely unnecessary behavior that should not be tolerated.

*Buying a group of girls a round of drinks and then coming over to introduce yourself: Appropriate. Kudos for being brave enough to approach a table of girls by yourself. I wouldn't be brave enough to walk up to one guy, let alone a group of them, on my own.

*Pounding a few shots to celebrate (I'm assuming a birthday) with friends: Appropriate. (As long as you can handle it) This particular group looked like they were having a blast and I didn't witness anyone falling over or breaking a glass.

*Pounding a shot in front of a group of girls: I'm deeming this one inappropriate, because of the manner it was done in. I don't need you to pound the worst shot your buddy has ever bought you and talk about how awful it was, but that you still took it like a man to prove yourself to me. A simple conversation will suffice.

*Playing a game that has you and your friends in tears from laughing so hard: Appropriate. Having a good time with good friends is always appropriate in my book.

1 comment:

  1. *Cheering for the Iowa Hawkeyes: Inappropriate. Use better judgment and cheer for a team that could really use the support. Example: The Iowa State Cyclones. :)

    ReplyDelete