Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Two Thumbs Up For TOMS

Back in August, L had given me a gift certificate to Toms Shoes for my birthday. I had been talking about wanting a pair for several months, so it was a great surprise and awesome gift to receive! Who would've thought it would take me until mid-November to finally decide on which pair to go with? Now in my defense, I had a few pairs in mind but when I went to make the purchase, they had taken the "Summer collection" down and didn't have as many choices as before. So I thought I'd wait it out a bit and see what came in for Fall/Winter. It was a hard decision but I finally decided on a pair. I made my decision based on the versatility of the shoe and also how I thought they would handle normal wear and tear. I wanted a darker-colored pair so I wouldn't have to worry about dirt showing and a versatile-enough pair, so they could be worn with either brown or black, jeans, khakis, or even sweats. So here's what I decided on:



I got them in the mail last Friday and let me tell you, they are amazing! Super comfortable and stylish, in my humble opinion. The size is just right and I've worn them with several different "looks", including the come-on-Iowa-beat-Ohio-State look, to the I'm-wearing-my-not-so-cute-looking-sweats-and-know-I'll-see-my-ex-at-the-store look. If you're in the market for a new pair of kicks, definitely consider getting a pair. Not only will you get a functional, comfortable, and fashionable shoe, but you'll be helping a child in need get a pair too! Doesn't get much better than that! I'm betting I'll have more than just this pair taking up room in my closet.

*Helpful hint: I recommend ordering your normal size. However, if you want to be sure, they do sell a few pairs at TradeHome Shoes at the JC mall so you can try them out there. Also, Google "Toms Coupons", usually they have $5 off or free shipping.*

No comments:

Post a Comment