Monday, November 2, 2009

¡Baila el Chiki-chiki!

When driving home from work each day, my mind often wanders. Tonight, to distract myself from the negative feelings I had towards driving home in the dark at 5:30 P.M., my mind wandered off to Summer 2008 when I vacationed in Greece.

One thing that I'll never forget is the music. I remember feeling a little piece of home every time I heard Madonna or Justin Timberlake. (both of whom they just love over there) I remember the feeling of excitement I felt when I recognized a Top 40 Greek tune. And then there's a certain little ditty that became both an inside joke and somewhat of a guilty pleasure while over there....maybe it was too much sun or the Sambuca, I don't know...but it always got us laughing and made us dance, like in Skiathos, when I danced to this little number with Reenie and the boys while the sun was rising.

A little background - Baila el Chiki-chiki was Spain's 2008 entry to Eurovision, which is comparable to our American Idol. It didn't win...not sure why :)

No comments:

Post a Comment