Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What You Don't Use, You Lose

In order to avoid losing a few vacation days, being I can only carry over 10 days, I decided to work a very short week this week. So, alas, it's my Friday!

First order of business: Dress clothes off, sweats on...check! Combine that with a hearty bowl of chili (and a few Peachie-O's L so kindly surprised me with) and that, my friends, is my "Friday" night. (...why am I single again?!?)

Sunday evening while planning this short week out in my head, I thought, "Oh how great it will be, L will probably have Wednesday off, because she always has Wednesdays off it seems, and we could spend the day in the East Village." Unfortunately, L had today off and works tomorrow, and all my other friends are working as well, so now that I don't have anyone to play with, I had to come up with a plan B....

Plan B: A morning jog (pronounced yog), followed by a few household chores and a few errands, including a pit stop to the library to pick up the next book on my list, Born To Run. I'm hoping for a relaxing afternoon, curled up on the couch with my new book while basking in the sun (from the inside, of course) By no means an adventurous day, but honestly, a day away from my cubicle is enough to get me amped up.

I have a more adventuresome Thursday and Friday to look forward to, as my mom, sister, and Regan will be in town. We try to get a shopping trip in around this time every year - get some Christmas ideas rolling and possibly purchase a gift or two. I know the mall will be visited, and I'm hoping for some extra time to visit a few local spots in Valley Junction, Beaverdale, and the East Village.

Time for the mini vacay to begin!

5 comments:

  1. Born to Run looks like a good read. Looking forward to your review :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very jealous!

    Miss you alreaday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holla if your beaverdale trip occurs after 3:30, i wouldn't mind going to backcountry for xmas ideas. and i'll prolly be camped out at grounds, only a few steps away.
    and i can tell you what i thought of born to run, i just finished it.
    Enjoy your little vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plan C: L takes part of the afternoon off and you get to go to East Village anyway. Awwwww yeah, roomie of the year award goes to........ SUPER jealous of your day today :(

    ReplyDelete